This post is about my experience having the magic sleek hair treatment.
The magic sleek hair treatment is awesome! I took the plunge and finally did something about my crazy frizzy hair! I heard some great things about Magic Sleek and when I saw it was being offered at one of my favorite salons, Luxe Blowdry and Color Bar, I had to try!
Many people, like me, have never heard of this treatment and have stayed loyal to their Keratins or Brazilian Blowouts. The thing that I don’t understand is, that this lasts longer and is about the same price! Let me take you through the pros and cons of my experience and then you can decide if you want to take the plunge too!
Pros of magic sleek hair treatment
1. There’s a couple different ways the stylist can do your treatment. As she explained to me, one way will make your hair pin straight and you can get up and go and your hair will be perfectly straight. The other, which I did, was keeping volume, but eliminating frizz. My hair is now straight, but I can still curl it and it’s not flat to my head. She said for curly hair the first option might be best. Also, they can taylor it to your preference.
2. It lasts for 6-8 months!!!! That for me right there is all I needed. I repeat 6-8 months!!! A Keratin is typically 3-4 months.
3. There’s no real rules about what you need to do after your treatment. They suggested not washing in the first 24 hours, but said it would be fine if I did. The only part of not getting your hair wet is to stay out of a chlorinated pool for a few days.
4. The price was good for the amount of time it lasts. It was $350 including a blowout after the treatment. This could go up to $400 if you have really long/thick hair.
5. The chemicals are not harsh like the other treatments. NO formaldehyde!!!You can even have this done while you are pregnant!
Cons of magic sleek hair treatment
1. It takes about 3 hours. Honestly, it went fast for me and it was 3 hours to myself without the kids lol.
2. Now this one scared me a bit, she said with color treated hair, there’s a possibility it could change the color of your hair in some way. Thankfully mine didn’t, but she said you can color it right away if god forbid that happened.
I don’t think I can really think of anything else, because I was really happy with my experience.
There’s nothing too crazy with the process itself. First , they wash your hair, then they put in the treatment and blow dry it in, with that left in, you sit for about 40 minutes. Next is the hard part- they take small pieces and brush the product through while straightening each piece. Next, a finisher is applied and sits for about 10 minutes. After that, everything gets washed out and you can style as desired. The straightening part is the longest because they are doing small sections at a time. Everything was quick and exactly as explained to me!
Overall, I highly recommend this treatment and was super happy with the results. I will do an update after a couple months just to see where it’s at! Also, if you have any additional questions or want to use the stylist that did mine, please feel free to reach out 💇♀️.
This is what I use to treat any damaged ends and to keep my hair looking healthy and shiny! Check out Olaplex Hair Repair Review
Hair Perfector- https://amzn.to/3oBTjpW
I also use this oil everyday which leaves my hair super soft. I’ll use it as a heat protectant before I blow dry or style as well.
Bonding Oil- https://amzn.to/3wyFXzE
One thought on “Magic Sleek Hair Treatment”